My New Blog: TF Workshop

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tuesday's Output

All in all, we had a good day and got a lot accomplished.

The granite fabricators took only one working day to finish the edging work, charged me $50 less than I was expecting, and were very friendly - I was really impressed. I will put the details in another post detailing granite costs.

I went to HD to see if my windows came in, since we now have open holes. They told me the delivery date was pushed out to the 26th, so we plugged the rough openings with foam board. They then called and said they just came in! So I will get them in the morning and install them.

What we accomplished today:

  • Took out old windows, modified rough openings to go from 60 to 48 inches wide (to allow for more upper cabinets), fixed siding
  • Tore out about 1/3 of the cabinets to get to right window - this window is on the second floor of the house, and we wanted to do as much as possible form the inside.
  • Sanded soffits and put second coat of mud up.
  • Picked up granite pieces from the fabricator.
  • Removed all cabinets doors and drawer fronts for re-use. Completed installing all drawer and shelf slides
  • Oh yeah, cleaned the gutters since they we overflowing with rain...


Goals for tomorrow:

  • Install windows, including framing the bump-out for garden window.
  • Finish soffits, get them textured, maybe PVA primed.
  • Tear out the remainder of the cabinets
  • Add a few outlets
  • Move supply and drain plumbing over about 12 inches
  • Strech goal is to paint soffits and start installing cabinets

No comments: