My New Blog: TF Workshop

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Kitchen Design Software

I purchased Better Homes and Gardens Home Designer Suite 6.0 for $99 at Fry's (same price on line). I have used Punch and Visio - this package seems to be much better. It takes a little bit of time to figure it out, but once you get it, you can do a lot. Here is an updated picture of the design.


This has been really helpful for my DW and I to make deicisions. It gives us a better understanding of just how things are going to look. Part of keeping the remodel to $10K is not making any major mistakes...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Punch program did you use previously?

Anonymous said...

Long ago, if you wanted to design your kitchen, you had to rely on architects and interior designers to come up with a reliable plan. Now, the market is flooded with software design tools for the home which can help you design your kitchen yourself.

Your punch software is interesting but can you please explain something about that.

Thanks,
Merlyn

Anonymous said...

I am completely amazed at how design has changed through using a computer, you can see exactly what your space will look like which really helps you focus on achieving the end goal. I'm based in England and am currently researching for my kitchen redesign. I've just signed the contract for a hand made kitchen so am on the look out for some unique or contemporary design features. I have a young family at the moment and we're extending the house to make room for our third child and lucky me i get a new kitchen too. I'm having to live elsewhere though as the building work is at an open house stage and my 9 month old can do without the draft. it'll all be worth it though