My New Blog: TF Workshop

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Pewter Grills for the Hutch

I am now starting to work on the kitchen island and the hutch. To give the hutch a farmhouse feel, we are putting grills in the cabinet doors. We got the idea from touring through the PDX Street of Dreams. Here is a picture.



Since most of the hardware in the kitchen is either brushed or antique nickle, we are going with pewter. Here is an image from the Rockler web site:




This stuff is not cheap. A 16" x 42" piece is $90 at Rockler. I did an online search for a similar product, and only found 1 at about 50% more. We are cutting this into 4 pieces, so the cost is reasonable.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Is there glass there also, or is it just grill? I keep thinking about dusting. But your DW is much more conscientious about those things than am I!

TGIF-S

Troy Farwell said...

Its funny, we had that exact discussion. We are going to add glass to keep the dust down.