My New Blog: TF Workshop

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Deadlines...

I put myself on a schedule for this kitchen remodel, hoping to have it done by Thanksgiving - and have people over. It is not likely going to happen. Vacations, kids, work, sickness, and life got in the way a little bit. I also volunteered to make two coffins (yup, coffins) for a haunted house out of OSB.

I haven't lost all hope yet (I'm a perennial optimist). I should have all the wall cabinets done on time, and I am taking the full week of Thanksgiving off to get a whole lot done. I have started stacking completed cabinets along a wall in the kitchen, so the anticipation is growing.


A bit of detail on the cabinet design: I have 1x3 (actually 3/4 x 2 1/2) strips running down the side-walls. These will allow the drawer and shelf slides to be flush with the face frame edges. An added benefit is that the cabinets are now ultra-stout, and will easily support the granite tops.

No comments: