My New Blog: TF Workshop

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Travertine Backsplash #5

We started installing the diamond tiles into the focal point behind the stove. I haven't been able to spend a lot of time on it this week, so I am just adding a few vertical lines at a time.



I started with a vertical line down the center, and taped the tile in place. The yesterday I added a couple more lines on each side, and today the same. Here is a picture of them taped in place.

This is not the fastest method to get the tiles on the wall, but it is fairly easy, and allows me the chance to make sure everything stays aligned. Spacers and tape use in this fashion allow you the opportunity to adjust the tiles is needed. I will likely finish off the full-size tiles tomorrow, and do the cuts on Saturday.


If I tried to do it all at once, I think the movement would be tough to deal with. I would likey use a high-tack adhesive such as loctite power-grab

Here is my new favorite "tool": the tool bucket organizer by Husky Tools. It took me a couple of hours to get this thing organized, but I believe it saves me 20% of my time by not running back and forth to the garage. My youngest son bought it for me for my Birthday - a $16 very well spent. Also, it helps stop those frustrating episodes of me not being able to find a tool I need.


No comments: