My New Blog: TF Workshop

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Resources #7 - This Old House Online

TOC has been a standard for me for number of years. I like the show, the magazine and the web site. They have created a very high quality site, with a number of photo galleries that can provide ideas.



For example, the photo below from the TOC site shows a lot about a kitchen island. You can see the green color, the overhang required for the stools, and how black stools go with the green. All these are basically incorporated into our design.


I don't expect the photos on the site to give the exact ideas, but help us gain ideas. You can sit down for a few hours and grab the photos you like. I use the freeware program Screenhunter to capture and gather images.

13 comments:

You Remodel Me said...

omg... everything This Old House does is sooooo expensive!

We'll be doing a kitchen remodel soon, and I hope it doesn't cost $12,000... i have money left over to feed myself! : )

Thanks for posting this blog. Ya did good.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, this was very informative, and I did garner a good number of ideas, but when I tried it out, I must admit I am far from being the most skillfull in remodelling. Minimally skillfull is more like it. Sadly, to get the wonderful kitchen I had in my head i had to resort to hitting the internet the best results in Kitchen Remodeling New York. I actuall don't know which will cost more, a contractor in the first place, or having them fix up my attempts.

Anonymous said...

it's really good home keeping images..

San diego kitchen remodleing said...

Not bad for the do it your self crowd

Cathy said...

LOVE This Old House. That along with HGTV and another site called KitchenImproved (http://www.kitchenimproved.com/) has been a great help with my remodel projects. In fact, the kitchen improved site is having a $100 giveaway to Home Depot that yall should check out!

Otis Orchards Parking said...

Nice. I love it. I think I will consider your creativity in remodeling our kitchen. Thanks for sharing.

DBC said...

Great pictures - I am a designer and I really appreciate the sharing of the pictures and ideas.

London Building Contractors said...

These are such a beautiful house pictures.This was nice post.

Genesis Stoneworks said...

The green colored tile from TOC is a very interesting choice. Can't say I would have gone in the same direction, but it really works for what they are trying to do. Thank you for sharing!

Plan It Granite & Marble Inc. said...

I love the alternation of stones used in this project.

Voke III said...

Thank you for sharing your ideas :)

Anonymous said...

i am looking for a great designs for my new home..while i was browsing i saw your blog and i find it very interesting..love the simplicity

Contractors Pittsburgh

senta said...

I love everything about this blog. thank for sharing