- Expensive. We probably spent a total of $75 to do everything. But you don't have to spend money on sealers, cleaners, etc. Also, all your hard work stays looking good.
- A bit hard to work with. If you have never grouted before, this is not the place to start. It hardens pretty fast, and can't be cut with water to give you more time. That being said, its not that much more difficult to get it into the joints.
- Not sold in many places. Lowes carries SpectraLock.
Things you should remember if you use it:
- Use a drop cloth - it sticks to everything. Also, mask off areas you want to protect.
- Work the grout in with a rubber float. A stick, sponge or rag doesn't seem to work very well.
- Have a helper who can do the cleaning while you are continuing to grout
- You can a mix it a little "wet" (less sand) as described in the instructions, I suggest you do it. It extends the open time.
- You can mix sand colors to get exactly what you want. The sand is the cheap part.
- Keep your joints small (1/8" max), or it will cost you an arm and a leg.